Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Collaborators Unite! May Picture Challenge (1 Viewer)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Yay, it's great to see teamwork starting!
Go Team Dogs GIF by chuber channel

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
hmm.
i think there are 3 teams participating.
which would translate to about 60 june reading hours
for this reader.
have clocks and gauges been operating smoothly?
for everyone?
-stares at toolbox-
-and stack'o'manuals-

;)

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
One Rule: Y'all collaborators have to remain friends.
Well, after my last contribution, PiP had our character reel in horror. Real Horror. I think she thought my response was cheesy. I may now be persona au gratin.

PS to Foxee: Out of interest, where did you pick up "Y'all"? I have extended relatives through my brother's first marriage who hail from your neck of the woods, and their version of "Y'all" is "You-uns". ;-)

Last edited:

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Well, after my last contribution, PiP had our character reel in horror. Real Horror. I think she thought my response was cheesy. I may now be persona au gratin.

PS to Foxee: Out of interest, where did you pick up "Y'all"? I have extended relatives through my brother's first marriage who hail from your neck of the woods, and their version of "Y'all" is "You-uns". ;-)
You are not wrong! The classic Pittsburghian expression is "yinz" (or "youns") which, in some places, results in being called "yinzers" which, as you may guess, is not a compliment, really. If you ever listened to Myron Cope announce a football game, you've heard yinzerspeak. "Dahntan" (downtown), "red up" (clean up) and "warsh" (wash) are other well-known examples. If you had a mother like mine who warred diligently to keep us from catching colloquial speech, you would forever hear "liberry" in your head and get toungue-tied trying to remember to say "library".

I do my best but I have been told that I have a vicious twang and also that I sound like a hick. I didn't tell my mom, she would have killed either herself or me.

So sometimes when I'd like to soften 'you all' more casually here in type, 'y'all' springs naturally from my fingers (we're close to West Virginia, too) though I don't think I say it in speech...and I don't say 'yinz' either.

This might be a little of why talking is a LOT harder than writing for me.

Persona au gratin? Anything with buttery crumbs on top is okay by me, cheesier the better. Bake up the horror and bring it on!

Last edited:

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Pip and vranger's collab

made it just under the wire in BST :)

Another fun challenge, Foxee! Thanks for organising.

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
Pip and vranger's collab

made it just under the wire in BST :)

Another fun challenge, Foxee! Thanks for organising.
Awww, I still had 6 hours under EDT. LOL I was working and exercising outside all afternoon. Just came in to post and PiP beat me to it. :) Thanks PiP!

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Awww, I still had 6 hours under EDT. LOL I was working and exercising outside all afternoon. Just came in to post and PiP beat me to it. :) Thanks PiP!
I can never wrap my head around the time differences. I am thinking about signing off and going to sleep and you've not eaten your supper yet. :)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Thank you, collaborators!

While this still isn't the biggest challenge it's been a lot of fun to read Victorian Battery Acid from Darren and JenthePen and Deja Vu by vranger and Pip! Two stories that didn't exist in the world until May 2021.

Bdcharles and Arrow, I think you two would make a very good team.

So, here we are, sailing our pirate ship into June already. Are there any takers for a June challenge or do we look onward to July?

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
So, here we are, sailing our pirate ship into June already. Are there any takers for a June challenge or do we look onward to July?
hate to say it,
but...
perhaps a 60 day writing window,
as there will be two summer schedules to coordinate.
possibly on two different continents.
the work-to-date quality is very worthwhile, imho.
;)