Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Collaborators' July Challenge: "Summertime" (1 Viewer)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Time to wake up, Collaborators!
mood music
You've had your siesta but it's time to roll out of your hammocks, don your flip-flops, mix a stiff drink, and find a teammate once again!

We're sailing into July with a new prompt
thank you, -xXx- for helping me to decide on...
☀️"SUMMERTIME"😎
Memories, traditions, weather, and favorite food...
teammates bring unique ideas into the collaboration

Your team mission:
  1. Working together via PM, blend these unique summertime ideas up into a delicious smoothie of a story
  2. 1,050 words maximum (see? I extended the word limit. I'm not a tyrant.)
  3. Post finished work in the Fiction Workshop (secure) or the Fiction Showcase (not first rights protected) and tag the title [Collab]
  4. Link the story back to this thread so that our whole collaborator crew can find it! DEADLINE: End of July 2021
Two Rules:
  1. Y'all collaborators have to remain friends
  2. Nobody pees in the pool
Ready to find that special someone to write a July story with?
Hit them up in this thread and/or PM.

Let's go!

Last edited:

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
"Memories, traditions, weather, and favorite food"

Are we supposed to cover ALL of these, or just what strikes our fancy?

Foxee

Patron
Patron
That's wonderful. Feel free to ask questions or post about your progress in this thread. Looking forward to your story!

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Sorry I've been amongst the missing, I've been riding an unpredictable carnival ride of swiftly-changing life decisions here and It's hard to get to spend much time on WF. But I love my collaborators and hope that I'll have some stories to read in just a few days. :)

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
Sorry I've been amongst the missing, I've been riding an unpredictable carnival ride of swiftly-changing life decisions here and It's hard to get to spend much time on WF. But I love my collaborators and hope that I'll have some stories to read in just a few days. :)
PiP and I are about halfway through. We got a late start and are grateful it's a 31-day month. We may need it! PS. We may also go over the word limit. I noticed there's no judging! ;-)

Reactions: PiP

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
There may be no judging but I can and will look at you askance!
That sounds very judgemental! (But askance is a great writer's word, and it sounds scary!) :)

I think I know what has psychologically motivated us. Deep inside, we feel we must supply the word count for everyone who doesn't submit a collaboration. Yeah, that's it!

Foxee

Patron
Patron
That sounds very judgemental! (But askance is a great writer's word, and it sounds scary!) :)

I think I know what has psychologically motivated us. Deep inside, we feel we must supply the word count for everyone who doesn't submit a collaboration. Yeah, that's it!
Best get to it, then! That's a lot of words!

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
Just checking -- Is anyone but PiP and me working on a collaboration? Somehow I don't think the Hiro and Eve possible collab is going to come through, since he deleted his account.

• Wow
Reactions: PiP