Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Coffeehouse Roundtable (1 Viewer)

Darkkin

WF Veterans
I have a few pieces that are total spaghetti flinging creations, which as an objective writer I know are not worth the face palm their corny humour extolls. Vulcan humour poetry, unlike dad jokes will never be an in thing. Others are surprisingly decent. And having done NaPoem in the past I can appreciate how busy everyone is. Between NaPoem and NaNoWrMo, NaPoam is the harder challenge. I keep the work buried for a reason, it is a quick look up, linear resource I refer back to over the course of various projects. It saves me from having to flip through hundreds of pages and dozens of files to find the villanelle refrain for Back the Black Sheep and the like. Much like the minute village of Choice, one does not find the place by chance. You have to actively look for it. Like my other workarounds, this is a hack I update every year.

Is the majority of the work less than stellar, objectively speaking yes. But it is reference draft, more can come out of it.

Last edited:

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
I haven't been posting too much of anything lately, and part of that slump has been neglecting the work of my fellow poets on WF.

Dear Clark... do you need a **HUG*** or a **kick in the butt*** to get out of your slump? I would be happy to do either... or both ;)
Seriously, I hope you are ok, my friend... love you bunches....

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
For all of you worrying...
NO ONE can or is expected to comment on every poem published during this month. It is impossible. There are only so many hours in a day, 21 active participants, and all of us have a real life to lead too.
So, focus on your own poems, and only when you can, comment on other poems.
:)

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
For all of you worrying...
NO ONE can or is expected to comment on every poem published during this month. It is impossible. There are only so many hours in a day, 21 active participants, and all of us have a real life to lead too.
So, focus on your own poems, and only when you can, comment on other poems.
:)

Dear, wonderful Darren.... I realize we are not "expected" to comment on every poem... that would not be cool... But it bothers me, as a lover of poetry, that I cannot comment on most of them... there are some gorgeous poems posted, and those poems deserve thoughtful recognition... and contemplation... not a rushed reply like I have been giving... but trust me, I have treasured many of the poems and have been inspired... ;)

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
This month surprised me; just participating in the challenge has knocked me out of the writing doldrums. I actually wrote some 34 poems (I'll admit, some weren't exactly winners). The quality of many (in some cases possibly extemporaneous) poems has been quite inspiring. Good jobs, everyone.

Pamelyn Casto

WF Veterans
I agree that you did a great job with this event, Darren. As Cindy said, you made it look so easy. I was surprised at how smoothly it all went. I've never participated before but figured it could likely be pretty chaotic. But it turned out to be more than worthwhile for some of us. Doldrums are difficult to deal with and an event like this helps many get started again. I know it helped me shake some things I think were holding me back. Thanks for running this for us, Darren.

ritudimrinautiyal

I agree with Pam and Gumby, you did a great job Darren. We all are thankful to you. And the lovely thing is we all enjoyed this journey and for me it worked as enjoyable educational tour .
My hearty thanks to you.

Ritu

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I've enjoyed the month as a reader. Wish I could have kept up with more of the poems but it was nice to have so many to choose from. Hats off to the poets and good job, Darren. :)

Users who are viewing this thread