Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Clive Cussler (1 Viewer)

tbs21

This author is a very good adventure-writer. The story lines are great. I like the Dirk Pitt and Kurt Austin Series. I've read Atlantis Found and am currently reading Fire Ice. The next CC book I'll read is Lost City. I KNOW someone will answer this thread!

Astra

I know nothing of those books, but i'll check em out sometime. by the way, sorry about no one really anwering your thread.

aliceedelweiss

I got half way through Atlantis found. it was really good! But I was only reading it because I couldn't find anything else to read at the time heh. But it was really awesome, and I really wish to finish it some time...

Alice

TheReMonstor

Clive Cussler is one of the reasons I think I can be a successful novelist. B/c if he can write in such a generic and boring manner and have that many novels, then it can't be too hard. I really wanted to like Cussler's books. I love adventure in the vein of Indiana Jones and Cussler's about the only one I know of that writes the stuff. But I started reading Valhalla Rising and after the first 50 or so pages, I couldn't read on. Couldn't bear it. It just seemed like his style was so matter-of-fact. And I swear the first part of the book, with the ship, could've been condensed into one chapter. I had to quit b/c I didn't want to wade through all the crap to get to the story. I may try to read it again, but most likely I won't.