Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Chupp ta, Chummy? (1 Viewer)

T

(TAT)

(Google "The Wicked Good Guide to Mainah English" for translation from Mainah to English)

I'm not really a Mainah. You see, one has to be born here to be a Mainah. And, it's better if you can go back a few (5 or more) generations.

Anyway, I'm an engineer by training. The reason I am here is to see if I can find a writer for a project. The project (or challenge) is to take the musings and photos from a trip I took this summer and turn them into an entertaining e-book.

This past summer, I kayaked from Kittery, Maine to Machias, Maine; covering almost 500 miles. Each day I took photos and wrote an online log detailing the adventure.

The purpose of the trip was to raise money for the National Brain Tumor Foundation. I learned it is much easier to paddle day after day than it is to raise money. Although I'm well short of my goal, I think there is still potential to raise more money if the adventure can be turned into a entertaining story.

The book could be written as either fiction or non-fiction. I was thinking of an online format, but I'm open to suggestions. I will provide the web site. The purpose of this project is to raise money and awareness for the National Brain Tumor Foundation, so please realize that I am looking for an unpaid volunteer!

MaineTrek com

P.S. Please accept my appologies and let me know if this type of soliciting is not allowed here or if this is the wrong thread to post in.

valeca

Patron
Welcome, (TAT). I'll leave the post here since you did introduce yourself, but you might want to make your offer in the Writers' Resources forum, too, where it might be more widely read and you can give a few more details (like the word count you're looking for).

T

(TAT)

Welcome, (TAT). I'll leave the post here since you did introduce yourself, but you might want to make your offer in the Writers' Resources forum, too, where it might be more widely read and you can give a few more details (like the word count you're looking for).

Thanks for the welcome and I will post this in the Writer's Resource forum and try to post a few more details.

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the neighborhood, TAT. Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to you as well, Torkal. Might I suggest you make a separate thread in Introduction so the members can see you and say hello. :)

Users who are viewing this thread