Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Christopher Moore (1 Viewer)

Craigy

Started reading A Dirty Job and its absoloutely hilarious. I can't say I've ever really read a book this funny. I love how blunt and fearless this guy is with the topics he attacks. Anybody else read any of his works? I'm thinking of picking up The Stupidest Angel next.

I've read all of his books. He's an awesome author. His ninth novel, You Suck, comes out early next year. It's follow-up to Bloodsucking Fiends. (which I personally think, besides Lamb, is his best novel)

I think you should probably read his books in order of publication. The Stupid Angel has characters that appeared in his previous novels, and if you read those first, they'll seem more developed.

I suggest you read Practical Demonkeeping, Island of the Sequined Love Nun & Lust Lizard of Meloncholy Cove. I'd call this the 'Pine Cove' series, & The Stupidest Angel is the last of that list.

Craigy

Thats the second time I've heard that, sure is an interesting way to go about writing your novels. Thanks for the advice.

R

Relic

theflowerofcarnage said:
I suggest you read Practical Demonkeeping, Island of the Sequined Love Nun & Lust Lizard of Meloncholy Cove. I'd call this the 'Pine Cove' series, & The Stupidest Angel is the last of that list.
Island of the Sequined Love Nun doesn't take place in Pine Cove, but it's my favourite of his books. Although, I haven't read Lamb, The Stupidest Angel, or A Dirty Job yet.

He's a great author, wickedly funny.

I know it doesn't take place in Pine Cove. The reason I consider it part of the Pine Cove series is because Tucker Case & his fruit bat are both in The Stupidest Angel - and THAT novel is set in Pine Cove.

Users who are viewing this thread