Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Chinese/Research (1 Viewer)

kasofind

Hi everyone! I am currently writing and designing characters for a fantasy webcomic!
I needed some help because my story includes some elements of Chinese culture mixed with a futuristic style, due to it taking place on a different planet. I’ve done a lot of research on all aspects, and I still have a lot to go. Asking on a public forum was part of my research! Although my story is not focused on culture at all, I wanted to make sure the parts I DO include are accurate as possible, such as the fashion and food as well as a bit of mythology. Originally, I planned for the mainstream fashion to be a mix of Tang dynasty clothing with the futuristic style I mentioned before, although I’ll have some outfits to just look futuristic and others mixed. Would that be appropriate to do, or do I need to completely separate the two? I want to be as respectful as possible of Chinese culture. I am not Chinese, so it would be really helpful if someone who was with a pretty good knowledge of fashion gave me feedback and their opinions!(If you have any questions, or wanted any reference images of what I’m talking about, please let me know!)
TYSM<333