Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

childhood memories (1 Viewer)

Hey there,

I was thinking that memories can change, you know how people sometimes forget, or suppress and as time passes, true memories surface...maybe childhood experiences don't change, but we do...

I tend to overthink things but either way, I love how you said so much with so little.

Thank you for sharing.

It started out as...

a childhood toy

they never
change
but we do

the title was to long so I changed it to childhood memories...

childhood toys
they never
change
but we do

or

a childhood toy
it never
changes
but we do

I'm thinking about grammar - "a childhood toy" is singular, so you would use "changes" and "childhood toys" are plural, so you would use "change"

I like "Childhood toys"

I hope I explained that right and I hope it helps.