Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Check your Credit Card Statement if you bought ISBNs from Bowker lately! (1 Viewer)

Mikeyboy_esq

I just rec’d a letter from Bowker explaining that their customers’ credit card info was stolen and advised checking your credit card statements if you purchased ISBN numbers from myidentifiers dot com between May 1 and Oct 23 of this year. Sadly, the card I used to buy ISBN numbers a few months ago was compromised, and I had to change my card number at that time. Just thought I’d pass this friendly warning along in case it helps anyone here.
Bowker letter_11242018.jpg

Last edited:

Jack of all trades

I just rec’d a letter from Bowker explaining that their customers’ credit card info was stolen and advised checking your credit card statements if you purchased ISBN numbers from myidentifiers dot com between May 1 and Oct 23 of this year. Sadly, the card I used to buy ISBN numbers a few months ago was compromised, and I had to change my card number at that time. Just thought I’d pass this friendly warning along in case it helps anyone here.
View attachment 23015

Thank you for the warning!

Fortunately I bought my ISBNs well before that time period, and haven't had any suspicious activity. But I will keep an eye out just in case.

Mikeyboy_esq

I see your point and I'm sure others feel the same. Bowker is supposedly changing their website forms to avoid this problem. I've heard from others that they now make you take an extra step in the process to buy ISBNs to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Reynard

Bowker is supposedly changing their website forms to avoid this problem. I've heard from others that they now make you take an extra step in the process to buy ISBNs to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Good to know, I'm sure by the time I get around to needing one the process will be fixed.