Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Charred (1 Viewer)

Otviss

Thought I'd try my hands on something more traditional. Enjoy!

The pleasure of travel stops being a journey
Ceases to be extraordinary
Once the fatigue of heat reaches thee
Once just sweating, now agony
A piston, peeled thin by labor
No recollection, the face of thy neighbor
Smog advancing both day and night
Somewhere thou considers, this can not be right
Giggling youngsters carrying a prophecy
Dampened by raw but innocent honesty
Abandoned or released can it be more uncertain
I, will be, must be the one alertin'
For one is strong but two is stronger
It is nobodies duty to endure this any longer
For thou ponders but one question
Is this life or is it oppression

jenthepen

Staff member
Mentor
I can feel the rhythm of the train in this one, also the despair and desperation of heat and uncontrolled kids! Possibly the worst feeling in the world - being trapped in conditions of both physical and mental distress. Definitely oppression in my opinion. ;) Nice, creative rhyming too.

Otviss

I can feel the rhythm of the train in this one, also the despair and desperation of heat and uncontrolled kids! Possibly the worst feeling in the world - being trapped in conditions of both physical and mental distress. Definitely oppression in my opinion. ;) Nice, creative rhyming too.

What else but right?

Very kind words as always. I appreciate it a lot.