Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Characters Transformations To Animal Tips or Suggestions (1 Viewer)

AndreaStory90

Hi all, quick question here and not sure where exactly to ask this.

Have got a story where two women turned into two woodland animals. Thing is, am not quite sure as to how to write it. Any thoughts or ideas?

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi all, quick question here and not sure where exactly to ask this.

Have got a story where two women turned into two woodland animals. Thing is, am not quite sure as to how to write it. Any thoughts or ideas?

Too much is unknown, I feel. Which animals? Whose point of view? What causes it? Are they both focal characters at the same time or do you only want one to be a focal character then the other?
Maybe it would be better to attempt to write it and post it for critique, in an appropriate section - maybe Fiction Workshop?

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Phil is right to a degree, but my immediate instinct was to say 'as simply as possible'. Attempting to explain the impossible will always end in failure to some degree, if you are vague and open readers will construct their own explanations based on that. A variation of the golden oldie "Less is more"

Madchap

Animals have good ears, and a sophisticated sense of smell. Are they able to transform back to human form again?

Carmen

Well, when I read your concept, my mind went to something magical and mysterious. A Story with-in a Story?

Users who are viewing this thread