Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

channillo.com - thoughts? (1 Viewer)

KellInkston

Hey, recently got into the http://channillo.com/ beta, it looks like an interesting idea for serialized literature but I wonder, will readers be okay with the subscription fee and will writers be okay with the exclusivity?

Take a look, what do you think?

Last edited:

InstituteMan

WF Veterans
It looks interesting. I suspect that something like that may wind up working real well, I just don't know which it's going to be.

ppsage

WF Veterans
Seems unrealistically expensive to me. Twice as much, for unlimited access, as either a Rhapsody or an Amazon Prime account. I think operating a subscription service as an individual has more potential. Say a story or episode a month for twenty bucks a year. I followed this guy for a while, but I think he might work too cheap. Still, if he could knock each one out in about two days, that's around a hundred bucks a day and four grand a year. With growth potential if he sticks to it. I would worry that at channillo the return to the author will be very small and still up to them to promote, might as well get it all. Sort of an Amazon deal, a couple winners, out of thousands.

KellInkston

Seems unrealistically expensive to me. Twice as much, for unlimited access, as either a Rhapsody or an Amazon Prime account. I think operating a subscription service as an individual has more potential. Say a story or episode a month for twenty bucks a year. I followed this guy for a while, but I think he might work too cheap. Still, if he could knock each one out in about two days, that's around a hundred bucks a day and four grand a year. With growth potential if he sticks to it. I would worry that at channillo the return to the author will be very small and still up to them to promote, might as well get it all. Sort of an Amazon deal, a couple winners, out of thousands.

I feel close on that- I think they're asking for a lot, but it remains to be seen how willing they are to go with demand and push down their prices. Anyway I thought it was worth sharing considering it could become a thing, but probably won't​.