Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Cecilia Dart-Thornton (1 Viewer)

Baalam

Has anyone read any books by Cecilia Dart-Thornton? (The Bitterbyne trilogy, the Iron Tree)
She does some really nice descriptions, very vivid and poetic. Perfect for a fantasy, when I read her stuff it either depresses me because of my lack of talent, or inspires me to write. I don't really like the plots to allot of her stuff, but the enviroment-world she creates is very vast and well described, it seems really authentic.
I'd recomend it to other fantasy writers.

Talia_Brie

I've heard conflicting opinions on her. One person I spoke to objected you her being compared with Tolkein. He said to me, "I wasn't aware Tolkein wrote that poorly."

I might have to borrow a copy of the first bitterbyne book and see for myself. Not sure I could be convinced to dish out any money just yet.

Baalam

I think that persons right, she's definately not as good as Tolkien. The Bitterbynde trilogy became bland for me towards the end of the second book, though I don't know if thats just me or not. I only like her work because of her descriptions and atmosphere she creates, its seems very well researched.
I recomend you try it, though no one can say you'll like it.