Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

"Cancer? What a giggle" - Some thoughts on the current state of British comedy (1 Viewer)

A

Aevin

Interesting ... This is a well-written essay that managed to keep me reading intently the whole way through--quite an accomplish since I hadn''t the faintest interest in British comedy. I'm not familiar enough with the shows to guage how realistic your criticism is. In fact, I've never heard of any of them. But the way your essay is written was eye-catching and convincing.

Cipher2

I didn't read all the article. I agree in part. Comedy is very hard to get right though. But I agree some shows are so awful that it is a complete mystery why they are so popular(Little Britian for example).

I can make do with re-runs of Fawlty Towers until something as good comes along.