Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Can you start marketing your book to your audience without a cover? (1 Viewer)

sunaynaprasad

WF Veterans
In order to become more successful, I have learned a lot about effective marketing and what could work for my audience. I want to let them know about my current project early and plan the release so that I can have a more satisfying level of success with my books.
However, my cover is still being designed, although it should be done by the end of this month, if not, early next month. I am brainstorming a marketing plan for my readers, but should I wait until my cover is done? My project is pretty much in good shape in terms of content and literary elements. I don't want to wait too long, otherwise, I will unlikely succeed at the level I wish.
What do you say? If I announce a description of my current project to my audience, will that lead to little to no success? I know pictures and videos make a big difference. Maybe I should make a video, put that on my site, and use that until my cover is designed. Or do you think I should wait?