Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Can you make a sentence a story? (1 Viewer)

HersheyKiss

Try to write a sentence that is amazing, and uses proper grammar. I want to be interested and wishing you had written more. Follow any genre, although, I don't think one sentence will tell me what genre you are writing. I also expect a title to go along with the sentence. After all it is still a story.

Example: She fell off the cliff.

OMG! What's gonna happen?! What happened to her?! Did she die?! Who's she and what does that have to do with the cliff, what does that even mean?! scream_3.jpg Ahhh! What am I'm gonna do I think i'll die from the suspense, I wish there was more!!!!

Simplicity may be your strongest ally at this point. Get writing!

Last edited:
Tentacles latched themselves onto his torso, smothering him, and slowly pulled him into the manhole, swallowing him whole.

Teb

The barrel slowly spun to a halt, clicking into place ominously, so he raised the cold barrel to his temple and slowly squeezed on the trigger until he could feel the tension.

Citizen

One for All and All for Absurdity.

One for All and All for Absurdity.

Enrique, the robotic space cowboy who was also my pool guy, longed for the operation to turn him into a real boy but without the pain and suffering of an illegal backyard mechanic's dirty tools.

Teb

The sun beat down onto the empty road, a haze of heat floating just above the melting tarmac, as the sound of the unsuspecting vehicles engine appraoched.

Teb

The phone rang twice before he answered it nervously, knowing this call would mean either freedom or prison.

Rabber

Miscalculations

The crew was minutes from docking, light-years away from Earth and light-years away from their intended destination, staring at each other silently with fear and anticipation over what had just happened and what awaited them on the other side.

Teb

His arms flailed as he staggered, he felt the impact on his hand then the throaty rumble that turned into a roar as the missile powered vertically into the sky atop a blossoming pillar of smoke.

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
As I stared into the darkness a foul smell wafted through the air, and made me vomit my breakfast.

chrisatola

The town was practically dead long before I was born--reeling through the years like a drunken fool without a spine--but it was I who killed her.

The Remnants

Last edited:

Mariana

Day 28

27 days, it had been 27 days since their world came crashing down, and now, who knew how much time the surviving crew members still had until the rest of them were all picked off and eaten alive?

Red Sonja

Vacation Time

The four of us set out as good friends wonderfully keen on getting to Cabo in time for the festival, blithely unaware of the events in which we would all soon become entangled; our final parting was bitter, however, and it has been an entire year since any of us has seen or spoken to any of the others.