Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Brave New World (1 Viewer)

The Hooded One

Well in my humble opinion, "Brave New World" is a very intriguing book with a dim outlook on the future of mankind. The very idea, that the future in "Brave New World" might be a possibility gives us the chance to think about were humanity is heading as a whole. To anyone that reads this book, I would highly recommend plowing through it. Though, it is hard to get into in the beginning it has a very interesting layout. I give it 5 stars as a classic novel.

Sincerely - J.C

Stewart

You may find it a good idea to do a search before you post on a book, as the Brave New World discussion is here.

The Hooded One

Connor Wolf said:
You may find it a good idea to do a search before you post on a book, as the Brave New World discussion is here.

As you have probably noticed im new to this website so pm me responses like this next time please. I did not notice the search tab and if I wouldve it probably wouldnt have occured to me to look for this.

PS1: Brave New World is also a piece of classic literature which is why it seemed right to post it here.
PS2:Thanks Anyways

Sincerely - J.C

Syren

I ditto the 5 stars Hooded... a great book indeed. Amazing that Huxley came up with all that from his imaginings... now they are realities or glimmering possibilities... excitingly horrid, that thought. To say he was a man 'before his time' is to say that Michealangelo could draw well.

Great book, definately a classic.

Aside: I find it hugely ironic and something perfectly dismal that we rely on our free-thinkers... our artists and writers to chart the roads we follow, as with Huxley.

How many stargazers would there be without dreamers like Magellan? Would there be such a clamor for robotics research without the writings of Asimov? A shame we rely on these independents to lead us, and then cut funding (in the US) for programs like the arts and music... I hope we realize our folly soon.

//Sy