Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Books to recomend reading (1 Viewer)

Tyson

Well I was wondering and I bet others would like to know what a good book would be to read. I haven't had a new book in a while and the types that I would be intrested in knowing about are fantasy, pollitical fiction, sci-fi, or horror. If you have read any of these types of books and are just dying to have someone else read tell us here. If there are any good authors of these books that have written a lot of good books then recomend them too.
Tyson

G

Greyhound

Tyson, I believe we have the same interests in literature. I love horror, sci-fi/fantasy, and some classics.

You've probably read these books, but here goes:

Horror

HOUSE OF LEAVES by Mark Danielewski

In my opinion, the best horror book in the last decade.

Science Fiction

STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND by Robert Heinlein

a personal favourite

Mainstream

A PRAYER FOR OWEN MEANY by John Irving

much better than the movie version "Simon Birch"

ANGELS & DEMONS by Dan Brown

I think it's better than the sequel "The Da Vinci Code"

Like I said, Tyson, you've most likely read these. I'd like to hear some of your own suggestions.

Tyson

Um I have heard of 2 of them never read any but I have wanted to read both, as for me I like Eragon by christipher pallaloni, city of ember by jeanne Duprau, bartimeaus book one by jonathan stroud, harry potter, charlie bone series, ink heart by cornelia funke, there are more but I can't think those are fantasy like I said I can't think right now I will definately take yours into consideration thanks again.
Tyson

J

Jane Jones

I just wanted to share, just for the pure hell of it:

A) My keyboard is behaving like an imbecile.

B) HOUSE OF LEAVES IS FANTASTIC! Ahem... begging your pardon... its... my favorite book of all time.