Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Books about Violence? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter The Lone Prospector
  • Start date
T

The Lone Prospector

I'm looking for some good books about violence....no, not any action-adventure schmaltz or intestine-ripping horror, but works in the vein of "A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess that try to examine the psychological impact of violence on a person and their family and friends.

I need a good grounding in the topic for my own examination of violence that I will attempt in an upcoming short story. Thanks in advance.

Talia_Brie

Read Thomas Harris' Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal.

Also look at Bret Easton Ellis, American Psycho.

T

The Lone Prospector

Thanks for the replies...I'll add those mentioned to the pile at some point.