Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

books about theives??? (1 Viewer)

H

huxley

i didn't want to make another post. so i'm going to ask my question here.

does any one know of any books/stories that have a character or story with theives.

a main character that is a thief or a bad guy thief. or just a story line with thieves. ?????

thanks

JK_Wannabe

Well, it's Young Adult fantasy, but actually very well written with a deep look into the lives of thieves/spies: Trickster's Choice and Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce. The main character's father is the Thief King, and she kinda takes after him. :D

EDIT: She also wrote the Circle of Magic, Circle Opens, and the Will of the Empress, which are all books with thecharacter named Briar, who is a former thief, included.

Last edited:

huntingtonb

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens is a classic novel about an English orphan boy who runs away from an abusive orphanage and gets caught up with a gang of young thieves who are taken care of by a criminal named Fagan. It's excellent, although loooooong and written in old-fashioned language.

H

huxley

i'm looking for a more : LUPIN THE THIRD.

like a story about a master thief.

T

tishseven

how about Les Miserables? Jean Valjean's entire search for redemption is based his past as a thief.

S

Sevvy

If you like fantasy books then Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson is definitely a good book about a whole group of master thieves.

Winged Sandals

The Theif Lord by Cornelia Funke is pretty good (it's a kid's book). The James Bond books are kind of mastermind theif-eqsue at times...

ruksak

There is, of course, Raskolnikov in 'Crime and Punishment'. Perhaps the most important literary thief of all time.