Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Book reviewers (1 Viewer)

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
Has anyone used any book reviewers for self publishing / ebooks? If so, would anyone care to share any good names / sites etc? :) Do they charge?

Steve_Rivers

If you mean getting reviews for your book upon its release, they tend to get called ARCs these days (advanced review copy.)
I've not used a service for that yet, but I have a friend who publishes an unbelievable amount of books each year (she is a MACHINE i tell you) and she has used Booksprout a lot over the last year.
I've seen her sales go from next to nothing to making her a lot of cash on every release. It's not lost on me that she gets a LOT of first-day reviews that help her launch sales immensely, and most of them come from Booksprout. So much so I'm planning to use it for my next release.
Her only negative word to say about that site is there is 1 continual scammer who pretends he doesn't have a key to your book, and can you please resend it to his/her email. As long as you ignore that, it's a clean and effective service.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Depending on your genre, Hidden Gems (website) might work for you. They do mostly fantasy and romance from what I can tell. I listed a couple of my sciFi books there and got some reviews. The site isn't free though.