Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

book recomendations? (1 Viewer)

Anarosa

im going to the library soon. sooo i was looking for alittle help.

i already have...

catch-22

slaughterhouse 5

Count of Monte Christo (already read it, but going to do it again)

and

1984 (also a second timer)

any other suggestions??

TheReMonstor

There's like 50 other "Suggestions/Recomendations" threads, but what the hell. I recently finished (gobbled up is more like it) Shōgun by James Clavell and it has officially claimed the title of "My Favorite Book". It was great, but I am partial to Japanese Culture, Samurai and the like.

Another great one, to me anyways, if you like indians and frontiersmen, is Moon of Bitter Cold by Fredrick J. Chiaventone. It's an awesome narrative around the events of the push west. Awesome characterization and tale of pioneers trying to establish a settlement within Indian territory.

Anarosa

Thanks for the help. yes i know there are many other threads, but i already picked somebooks off of those, so i was waiting to see if anyone else had some input.

and i totally agree. my brother takes japanese and he recently finnished Shogun. ive just begun reading but im already into the story.

yay for samurais