Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Blindness by Joe Saramago (1 Viewer)

L

lingeringsilence

I'm reading Blindness right now, and I've been fairly entertained so far :). Right now I'm at the part where the people from the first and second wards attacked the third in an attempt to get food, except they're met by eight beds and two people get shot. Does anyone have any insight into the doctor's wife? One of my friends mentioned that she ends up in a church at the end, staring at Mary, which led me to look to the Bible. Since I haven't read the whole thing yet, this may be inaccurate, but the doctor's wife's character seems most closely related to that of Peter. Anyone have any thoughts on this (or am I just grabbing for air here)?

~Jen