Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Blind Date (1 Viewer)

Dylan di Vilde

When we meet tomorrow afternoon

under the station clock,

you will recognise me by my distinctive Come-to-bed eyes,

my Get-a-load-of-this-baby nose,

my Right-you–Knickers-off-now mouth,

my Hey-pretty-lady-you-wan’-jig-a-jig? moustache,

and my Why-Contessa–you-appear-to-be-wearing-nothing-but-my-finest-cologne earlobes.

And, just in case, the crimson carnation pinned to my anorak.

Last edited:

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
I guess you have only one thing on your mind-- If I was that woman I'd take a good look at you, laugh, and keep on walking.

A chauvinistic poem to the core, light-hearted in a Neanderthal type of way.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Dylan, I love your dry humour :)

and the last word in the closing line
And, just in case, the crimson carnation pinned to my anorak.
was a cracker.

You built up the reader to expect so much more than a guy dressed in an anorak.

apple

WF Veterans
Why that sexy little nerd. I'd love to see how he might reveal that montage of simmering, self assured, expressions on his face. haha I enjoyed your poem. Lots of fun. You created a great character.

ladygarmadone17

Guys what if we read the poem backwards and the man wasn’t in the anorak but the woman was?

Just a thought

Great poem tho btw [emoji41]

EDIT: oh wait never mind I just saw the moustache part how could I miss that? [emoji2356]

Still a very funny “take-a-look-see” at how dating the wrong guy looks like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk