Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Beta Reader Request for ATLANTIS DYING (1 Viewer)

Ajoy

• TITLE : ATLANTIS DYING
  • GENRE: Adult Fantasy
  • WORD COUNT: 127K
  • BLURB :
Going to college far from her Alaskan village is just the first step in Alexa’s plan to build a life where she belongs. So, when her magic manifests near the end of her sophomore year, she writes it off as bad dreams and anxiety. Alexa only returns home for help after she fails the semester and gets dumped by her girlfriend.

Unable to alleviate the symptoms, her parents are forced to admit Alexa isn’t human. She’s a Godline fugitive—a runaway descendent of Greek gods and the royalty of Atlantis.

Just as she begins to understand what this means, an Atlantian hunter comes for Alexa, intent on returning her to Queen Amara’s experimental breeding chambers. Alexa barely escapes with her sister and an unexpected ally—the queen’s only son.

The trio are now on the run with only a promise of future help from the Godline resistance. But as her magic grows further beyond her control, Alexa worries the Atlantian hunter will find her first.

• WARNING FOR SENSITIVE CONTENT: The fantasy culture, rooted in Greek Mythology, does include cultural practices removing reproductive/sexual agency (nothing explicit is shown). There is one scene with a near rape and another scene with a character threatening rape (same assailant). There are also a couple of scenes with violent torture. There is a small amount of explicit language. There are several sex scenes (all but one are the lead-up and then fade to black).
  • AUDIENCE DESCRIPTION: This might be for those who enjoy twists on mythology and a blend of both high and low fantasy. This is an 18 years and older story.
  • EXPECTATIONS: I would appreciate feedback about what worked for you and what didn't work (especially in terms of character development). If you see an obvious way for me to cut word count, I would also appreciate those thoughts. I would be happy to read your notes/thoughts through email or the forum PMs.
  • TIMESCALE: I'd love to get feedback in around a month, but understand if that needs to stretch closer to two.
  • AVAILABLE FORMATS: I prefer to email my manuscript as a PDF attachment but I'm open to discussing alternatives with those willing to read for me! :)

Last edited:

Galen

WF Veterans
  • TITLE : ATLANTIS DYING
  • GENRE: Adult Fantasy
  • WORD COUNT: 127K
  • BLURB :
All Alexa Delmon wants is to get out of the tiny Alaskan village where she was raised and start a life somewhere she finally belongs.

When her magic manifests near the end of her sophomore year at college, it isn’t long before her parents are forced to admit she isn’t human like they raised her to believe. She isn’t even a Nymph like them. Alexa is a Godline fugitive—a runaway descendent of Greek gods and royalty of Atlantis—a living myth.

Unable to rest because of vivid dreams consuming her nights, she reluctantly returns home for help. But just as she begins to unravel the truth, an Atlantian hunter comes for Alexa, intent on returning her to the experimental breeding chambers of the mad queen. Alexa’s parents stay behind to hold off the threat, giving her time to flee with her sister and an unexpected ally—the prince of Atlantis.

The trio arrive in a new city with only the promise of meeting some mysterious Godline mentor. But Alexa isn’t sure how long they have before her out-of-control magic brings the hunter down on them again.

• WARNING FOR SENSITIVE CONTENT: The fantasy culture, rooted in Greek Mythology, does include cultural practices removing reproductive/sexual agency (nothing explicit is shown). There is one scene with a near rape and another scene with a character threatening rape (same assailant). There are also a couple of scenes with violent torture. There is a small amount of explicit language. There are several sex scenes (all but one are the lead-up and then fade to black).
  • AUDIENCE DESCRIPTION: This might be for those who enjoy twists on mythology and a blend of both high and low fantasy. This is an 18 years and older story.
  • EXPECTATIONS: I would appreciate feedback about what worked for you and what didn't work (especially in terms of character development). If you see an obvious way for me to cut word count, I would also appreciate those thoughts. I would be happy to read your notes/thoughts through email or the forum PMs.
  • TIMESCALE: I'd love to get feedback in around a month, but understand if that needs to stretch closer to two.
  • AVAILABLE FORMATS: I prefer to email my manuscript as a PDF attachment but I'm open to discussing alternatives with those willing to read for me! :)

Ajoy, what a great and attractive description of your work.

If you still need a Beta reader, I am available.