- TITLE : ATLANTIS DYING
- GENRE: Adult Fantasy
- WORD COUNT: 127K
- BLURB :
Unable to alleviate the symptoms, her parents are forced to admit Alexa isn’t human. She’s a Godline fugitive—a runaway descendent of Greek gods and the royalty of Atlantis.
Just as she begins to understand what this means, an Atlantian hunter comes for Alexa, intent on returning her to Queen Amara’s experimental breeding chambers. Alexa barely escapes with her sister and an unexpected ally—the queen’s only son.
The trio are now on the run with only a promise of future help from the Godline resistance. But as her magic grows further beyond her control, Alexa worries the Atlantian hunter will find her first.
- WARNING FOR SENSITIVE CONTENT: The fantasy culture, rooted in Greek Mythology, does include cultural practices removing reproductive/sexual agency (nothing explicit is shown). There is one scene with a near rape and another scene with a character threatening rape (same assailant). There are also a couple of scenes with violent torture. There is a small amount of explicit language. There are several sex scenes (all but one are the lead-up and then fade to black).
- AUDIENCE DESCRIPTION: This might be for those who enjoy twists on mythology and a blend of both high and low fantasy. This is an 18 years and older story.
- EXPECTATIONS: I would appreciate feedback about what worked for you and what didn't work (especially in terms of character development). If you see an obvious way for me to cut word count, I would also appreciate those thoughts. I would be happy to read your notes/thoughts through email or the forum PMs.
- TIMESCALE: I'd love to get feedback in around a month, but understand if that needs to stretch closer to two.
- AVAILABLE FORMATS: I prefer to email my manuscript as a PDF attachment but I'm open to discussing alternatives with those willing to read for me!