Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Best books (1 Viewer)

D

Dancer_girl16

Some of my fav. books are:
Time Windows-by Katheryn Reiss
Pale Pheonix-by Katheryn Reiss

And the Secret Country Trilogy by Pamela Dean:

The Secret Country
The Hidden Land-by
The Whim of the dragon

We had a thread going similar to this...but mine would be-

Anything by L.M. Alcott.
"The Chronicles of Narnia" by C.S. Lewis.

When I was younger I wore out
"Black Beauty"
"A Little Princess"

Dickens rocks too...lol yes I am a classics kinda girl

*ink*

Creative_Insanity

Anything by Robin Hobb or Orson Scott Card is a must-read. . . hmmm, Elizabeth Haydon's works are good to read from a writer's perspective; she is amazingly skilled with words although her plot and characters are lacking. . . . what else. . . Lynn Flewelling is good. . . I can't think of anything else right now. As you can see, I'm a fantasy/sci-fi type of reader. . . :) A lot of people say they don't like the genre because it's too ridiculous and unrealistic, but I think it's beautiful. . . what to you read for, except to ESCAPE reality?!

NoWorries

My favorites are "The Sun Also Rises" by Hemingway, "At the Jim Bridger" by Ron Carlson, and "Dinosaur Tales" by Ray Bradbury