Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Behind Bars (part 2) (1 Viewer)

W

Wunderkind

[FONT=times new roman,serif] The next day, I woke up to find someone feeling my pockets .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]"GET THE FUCK OFF" I cried pushing him in chest .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]wierdly, it was too soft to be a chest of a man .. let alone a man in jail ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]it was a woman ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I apologized as I faced a fat lady in her forties .. a lady who was, with no doubt, the ugliest woman I've ever seen.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]"I was just checking if you are alright .. here you go" she said while placing an aluminun plate of cooked beans & a loaf of bread ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]"I have no money, miss" [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]"I've just known it" .. a man who looked like one side of a house shut the door back.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]"thank you, lady" I cried. "wharever" the ugly woman said. I never saw her again.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif][/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]It didn't take me 3 minutes to finish the "meal".[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] My mind was back to the smoking issue .. I kept walking backwards & forwards till moment before sunset when I was informed of a visitor .. yay ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]That was someone I never saw before .. yet, someone I disliked .. anyway, he gamme a light .. which really meant something to me ! lol ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] It was 2 hrs after finishing my cigarette when I noticed I was still singing & dancing .. man ! at least, I was smoking !!!!!![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] Starting from the 3rd day, I began to know the real hunger in adition to how freezing I was .. the walls & the floor were so damn cold .. Thank God I got a jacket. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I swear I could have died of starvation or thirsty, for there were times when I was too weak even to blink.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] Days passed slowly .. every moment hung heavely .. I never knew the date ..[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]they brought me one meal daily .. ONE meal daily ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]the same rusted plate .. the same bread mould fungus .. their food looked as if had been eaten before ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]& digested too ! I was always rather too hungry to say no .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I swear I could have eaten a bug or something ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I had to act like a jerk who didn't know what was going on .. whenever I felt sleepy, I realized how much lucky I was to have a bed, no matter how much it sucked. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] For a moment, everything unner sun seemed so much beautiful & desirable .. except my cell. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I felt the real lonliness. I knew how harsh this life can be, how cruely it can hurt us. Behind bars, my wounds grew deeper. Every minute was a new journey to sadness, depression & humilation that seemed to set my thoughts at naught, when I was all helpless [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I never knew why I was there .. well, I did .. but it was more & more painful to either to think of the "why or to remember the "how". [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,serif] For like 10 days, I didn't see a humanbeing .. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,serif]All I did was thinking .. since I couldn't do anything else .. I thought about the up's & down's of my life .. I thought about my parents, my friends, my country, my school, my mates & I even thought about you guys :) but, above all, I was thinking of God .. asking him for mercy, forgiveness & courage .. I wrote a scientific theory http://www.piczo.com/pharaons?g=14156890&cr=5 & piece of my diary.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]but you'd better listen to this .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]something I wrote in one of the the weakest moments in my life .. a moment behind bars .. it's called "Away .. Too far"[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,serif]I don't know what time it is .. it's dark, anyway .. but nobody knows .. nobody cares .. nobody exists .. Everything is fading from view .. walking away .. too far .. that I no longer see .. if someone is still there .. waiting for me .. driving away my fear .. removing my tear .. holding my hands .. my frozen hands .. I just look around .. but nobody is here .. nobody knows .. nobody cares .. nobody exists .. [FONT=times new roman,serif] They are all gone .. all away .. too far .. to call .. to supplicate .. too far for me to move .. to dream .. just one last dream .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I'm lonely .. grieved .. tight up .. to a place I don't know .. to a wish I never made .. to people I do not behold .. to a body I do not feel .. I'm afraid .. scared .. but nobody knows .. nobody cares .. nobody exists .. They are not here .. yet, I am [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] Take my hand .. my friend .. I need you .. I love you .. I don't have to die .. to get lost .. down darkness .. down silence .. down myself .. down there .. I don't belong here .. it's scary .. My friend .. get me out .. one last favour .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I'm dying .. but nobody knows .. nobody cares .. nobody exists[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I breathe .. It's hard .. unbearable .. sad .. I'm tired .. so tired .. but nobody knows .. nobody cares .. nobody exists .. Death is coming over .. too fast .. too eagerly .. I'm just gonna lie there .. embracing myself .. getting ready .. to welcome it .. I don't want to die .. but .. I have nowhere to escape .. it's so dark .. so silent .. but nobody knows .. nobody cares .. nobody exists [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] "over here" I call out .. they still don't hear me .. neither do I .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I still breathe .. holding .. to my faith .. asking .. for a drop of water .. of strength .. of courage .. of something other than .. what I have .. They never answer .. nobody does .. nobody knows .. nobody cares .. nobody exists [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I'm left .. thrown away .. too far .. somewhere .. so deep .. All harshly .. all cruely .. pain eats me away .. but nobody knows .. nobody cares .. nobody exists [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Still trying .. pretty much hard .. to smile .. fake a smile .. one last smile .. when everything .. seems to have been taken away .. too far .. that I touch nothing .. beneath my chest .. but my little heart .. that's broken .. that's lost .. that's torn .. into pieces I can't put together .. to make a picture .. other than .. the one they drew .. and threw .. away .. too far .. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,serif] Digging my grave .. inbetween silence .. I listened .. There was a voice .. coming from .. either within .. or upthere .. I listened .. to the divine word .. " God knows .. God cares .. God exists" .. Hope flashed .. like a lightening .. in a night .. darker than mine .. like a thunder .. in a grave .. deeper than mine .. I was back .. breathing .. opening my eyes .. and my heart .. that beated .. once more .. one true time .. smiling to life .. and Death .. moving away .. too far .. [/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,serif][/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] In day 12, I thought about escaping .. I was pissed off too much to bear any more .. for 3 hrs, I was thinking about it. I considered every possible mean. but there were not any .. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,serif] The door was made of heavy iron with a window that looked too small for me even to lay my head out .. no wonder ! I had to bend when I 1st got through that door ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]It was enough to raise your hands to touch the roof ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]The only way to lie down was to put my head on one corner & throw my feet on the other .. as for the window, it was made only for insects to come in & out of the cell. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I was forced to believe there was no way out.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] It's outstanding that faith often gives one prenatural courage. I'm just 18, & I was thrown aside in a murkey cell. thanks to my faith, I didn't panic .. yes, fear was always there .. yes, I cried for hrs .. but if it wasn't for faith, that cell would certainly be my coffin .. after all, thank you, God. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] After spending a fortnight or lil more in that place, I finally got out ..[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]A friend of mine's father, who's a cop, got me out .. illegally .. obviously ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]As for now, I'm fine .. I've really been asleep for quite a long time .[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]just trying to erase the memory ..[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]& if I have one last thing to mention, it'd be [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,serif]"When you can't find something to be grateful for, then, at least, be grateful for not being in jail"[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,serif]It has been hard .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Bertrand Noble[/FONT]