Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Behind Bars (part 1) (1 Viewer)

W

Wunderkind

[FONT=times new roman,serif]It's been hard .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif][/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I dunno .. it could give birth to a hella questions, when I seem to love something that truly hates me .. it gets even more & more confusing as the love I carry manages to challenge their hatred .. yet, it annoys me most that I can't stop ( let's say I don't wanna stop ) believing in love when I'm pretty sure I shall be hated, that much, as long as I'm the way I am, thinking the way I think, though .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I was set free like 5 days ago .. & if there's been a lesson jail taught me, then it's nothing but the neccessity of everlasting thankfulness .. cuz, beliemme, no matter how bad you think your life is, there'll always be worse .. I did have an excuse to believe the days I spent behind bars were the worst of all .. yet, by the same token, I still have to know my future is able to bring what's even worse .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]As for now, I must admit how grateful to God I am, to be in somewhere other than jail. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] Eversince my intellect was made, I've refused most of what life offered me .. it's never taken me much time to figure out the fact that I am different .. On the one hand, I've failed in accomodating myself to what has been up round me .. I've come to the conclusion that my attempts to be a part of a world I don't approve, must have all met failture .. On the other hand, I could n't shut myself up .. my secluded isolated life was no use .. my own world is too tight for me to speak, to move or to work & produce .. that's why I had to talk .. to write .. to convert what my eyes see into what my brain wants. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I used to write .. things that seem wierd, new & complicated to most people .. I never cared, though .. things that my system would obviously dislike .. someday, a piece of writing came into the sight of a cop .. then into that of his boss .. then the boss's boss .. & from then on, my misrey was brought to life. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I got something like a warning .. let's call it a threat .. In the police station, they told me I should keep outa trouble .. they never believed I was only 16 then .. worse, they thought it wasn't me who typed .. &, thus, they've been watching me eversince as they guessed there was someone standing behind my thoughts that sounded fishy, wierd & too bad for them to gimme a single bit of freedom. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] Months passed untill that day came .. 8.00 pm .. right infront of the bibliothecca Alexandrina ( the ancient library of the city of Alexandrie - if someone has heard about it ) I was drunk .. I mean totally drunk .. I've always loved Russia. yet, after tasting the Vodka, I loved it more & more !! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] Here in Egypt, it's not that familiar that someone gets drunk in the middle of a street .. people gathered .. I was like piss off it's none of your fuckin' buisness .. I wasn't so much amazed when I felt I was about to fight .. however, I was too damn shocked when I saw the police car even before the guy bleeded !! I mean man ! the police here arrive HRS after the crimes ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]it happened so fast that I knew something was going on. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I got drunk inorder to escape from my life .. & then, look at me, I had to deal with the exact part I wanted to forget .. I was like waw ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] Anywayz, there were like 4 cops .. they held me at bay untill more cops came over .. I went crazy "what the fuck ? you got the wrong person !" [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]"No my dear, you got the right person" I thought as I was led towards the police car with my hands cuffed behind my back.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] We were driven to the police station .. where I was slashed on face like 12 times .. then to a hospital where they gamme some shit to swallow.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I was still so damn drunk, though.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Finally, we went back to the police station .. it was the day break, I guess, when I fell asleep.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]in the morning, I was home. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] 20 days later, I was told to go the court of law cuz my session would be held in a few hrs' time .. all I wanted to know was the nature of "my crime" when all I heard was the "shut the hell up" thing ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] In the court of law, I was put in something like a cave .. it was so funny ( & so sad too ) that everybody treated me like an object ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]15 minutes later, the judge appeared .. I laughed as it hit me I had hated the man before I knew how he looked like ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]There was someone, who stood at the corner of the place, telling the whole story .. shit ! he seemed to know the finest details that I never knew myself ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I looked around. saw my parents & a bunch of friends who were waving to me as if I was standing on the red carpet ! I just wanted to vanish ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] .. but there was no lawyer ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I was like oh my God ! he did it .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] After he knew about it, my father told me he'd not get me a lawyer .. as he thought it had been my mistake & it should be me who had to pay for it .. okay ! it looked alright .. inside me, I never blamed him .. but I just wished, though, he would have some mercy .. man ! fuck ! I'm his son ! I never thought he was serious .. but he was .. & there I went, paying for my mistake. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] However, there was a lawyer .. well, almost a lawyer .. I knew later it was the government that brought him for me .. no wonder I had to speak for myself .. as he was acting like a real fool ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I even guess he'd have talked forever if I hadn't innerupt him ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]the session didn't last for more than quarter an hr. I was given a month.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] At first, it sounded pretty much cool .. I mean man ! I had been getting ready for 6 ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I just never knew how much I was gonna suffer .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]yet, all the way long, my heart had a presentiment of what was about to lie ahead.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] They took me in something like a truck to a building where I was led to a place .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]the "place" was nothing but a very (I mean VERY) dark silent room.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]"Get in" the guy said. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]"um .. what you mean get in ? are you about to leamme here ALONE for 30 days ?" [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]"shut up & enter". the door was shut ..[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I took a glance .. it's shameful that I couldn't help crying .. I wasn't that scared .. I just dunno why I needed to cry .. it was such a release in the dead atmosphere. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] The dimensions of the cell couldn't have possibly exceeded 2m. x 2m. x 1.5 m. ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]All that existed were a window, a small tap & a hole (most probably made for me wheneva I wanted to shit !) in addition to me stuck in there ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I was sure every bunch of cops were laughing at me wheneva they felt they were outa hearing .. I could, however, listen to them, whispering & disgustingly chatting in a voice that sounded like mine days ago when I had been drunk ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] Even though I was hitting the roof, my 1st decision behind bars was to hold my horses " no matter how much they may piss me off, I won't get mad" I kept telling myself managing to keep my temper that cold .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Luckily, I never sank to their level.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I had 20 cigarettes, that's to say I could only have 2 cigarettes every 3 days incase I didn't wanna spend the majority of my period without a blow of smoke .. 2/3 cigarette per day would seriously look a bit of a nightmare if you knew I smoke round 30 cigarettes daily ! [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]yet, the real nightmare was the fact that I never had a light ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I could have almost fainted .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] I emptied my pockets .. nothing was found but a torn sheet of paper & bar of chocolate .. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I soon remembered the chocolate cream soldier in Shaw's Arms & the man .. it looked like shit but tasted so damn well.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I was the chocolate cream prisoner ![/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I swear I was ready to give up everything for a piece of "lit" tobacco.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif] No body was to be seen or heard .. I scratched the cigarette in every rough surface I could touch .. the iron door, the 10 cm2 window, my shoes, the cracks in the floor & walls .. everything .. nothing worked. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I could have known then how weak I am.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]I cried myself to sleep & there went the 1st night.[/FONT]

Bertrand Noble

Users who are viewing this thread