Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

beastie ickly beast (1 Viewer)

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
beastie ickly beast #7

What kind of beast
is this ickly beastie beast?

As it stings it sadly sings
of many horrid ickly things
while it brings sickly death
on its scaly withered wings

In your sleep it will creep
up your spine it will dine
it will lick on your bones
and suck up all your blood

It will bite through your heart
while it rips the soul apart
its fetid breath stinks of death
for never will it rest
as it eats and it feasts
on its tasty lckly treats

Who is this
ickly beastie beast
who devours humankind
on unsanctified hallowed bones
by God’s divine design?

Time for the beastie feast to begin
It’s sin that let the ickly in
inviting the beast
that waits and lies within

Our dark creation!
an abysmal abomination
our very own
ickly beastie kin

beastie commentaries:

icly stickly sickly ickly
whats it mean whats it mean

we eats the ickly
that makes you sickly

Last edited:

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
this looks like a bump but's it's not. No one need reply or comment on this piece. I just want to write that this is my favorite beastie poem that's headed in the land of the forgotten. Poets need to realize that all poetry is relative,. I'm always amazed that many of my favorites don't resonate with the reader while ones that that I consider adequate sometimes get raves.

My point is a beginning poet or a journeyman should never be discouraged if a poem doesn't click with an audience, I mean one that you think is polished and complete -(all poems can be made better) it all relative. But always be open to improve your work and embrace constrictive negative criticism. And if you feel that your poem is wonderful and everyone else doesn't, don't despair- at least one person likes it...

warmest
bob

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
beastie ickly beast #7

What kind of beast
is this ickly beastie beast?

As it stings it sadly sings
of many horrid ickly things
while it brings sickly death
on its scaly withered wings

In your sleep it will creep
up your spine it will dine
it will lick on your bones
and suck up all your blood

It will bite through your heart
while it rips the soul apart
its fetid breath stinks of death
for never will it rest
as it eats and it feasts
on its tasty lckly treats

Who is this
ickly beastie beast
who devours humankind
on unsanctified hallowed bones
by God’s divine design?

Time for the beastie feast to begin
It’s sin that let the ickly in
inviting the beast
that waits and lies within

Our dark creation!
an abysmal abomination
our very own
ickly beastie kin

beastie commentaries:

icly stickly sickly ickly
whats it mean whats it mean

we eats the ickly
that makes you sickly

The vivid imagery of your opening line, curled my toes.... "As it stings it sadly sings"... that is screeepy [scary and creepy = screeepy]
reminds me of the time I watched a huge tarantula spider eating a tiny pink mouse... as she sank her fangs in the tiny helpless mouse, she hummed... made me freak OUT...

anyway, I love the way this poem rolls along gathering strength and creeeepy momentum ... tis sad but true, sometimes we create the very thing that will later, turn on us and destroy us...love this line:
"It's sin that let the ickly in
inviting the beast
that lies and waits within"

after all, we are most likely born with the potential to do good things, or to be a destructive force... the choice is our very own personal hell...it is not always easy to "do the right thing"....as a devilish poet, you tap into that darkness we all try to hide.... ;)