Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Bananna Troubles (1 Viewer)

liquid society

EXT. MONKEY CAGE – DAY

Joshua leans on the fence looking at Min Ji Next to a sign that says; Please don’t feed the animals. Joshua watches as Min Ji wings on the wooden swing in his cage, then jumps off and rolls as it hits Min Ji hits the ground. When Min Ji stands back up he rubs his head before going back to playing. Despite there being a zoo trashcan only three feet away next to a bench Joshua is standing by, Joshua finishes with the banana, looks back and forth, and then throws the peel on the ground. Joshua looks at Min Ji who is chewing on a kid’s plastic ABC book, and then Joshua walks away. Shortly after Bill a photographer walks up to the monkey cage and looks at Min Ji who is sitting on a stump posing with one hand holding up his chin and the other hand on his side. Bill jumps to the chance to take Min Ji’s picture and raises the camera to his face to take it. Bill doesn’t like the way the light is on Min Ji, so Bill slides to the left without looking where he is going. Bill’s foot touches the peel and Bill is sent slipping and falling back to the ground still holding the camera to his face. Angry, Bill looks around for the cause of his fall and sees the banana peel. Bill picks up the banana peel and throws the peel into Min Ji’s cage and walks away red faced, holding his back as he walks. Min Ji notices the banana peel lying on the ground and walks over to it curiously. Min Ji scratches his head, looks to the top of his cage where Joshua and Bill stood, leans over, grabs the peel and wastes no time praying thanks to God before eating the peel whole. Min Ji pulls out a napkin and wipes off his mouth and tucks it back into his pocket. Suddenly Min Ji starts rubbing his stomach and falls over to the ground.

EXT. STREET – DAY

An ambulance rushes down the country road, lights and sirens accompany the roar of the engine.

INT VETERNARION – DAY

Min Ji is lying on the table outstretched and rubbing his stomach still while his trainer, Abraham paces back and forth in the room looking with a worried face, then to the door before pacing back and forth again. Doctor Larry walks in the door smiling at Abraham and frowning at Min Ji who is staring back at Doctor Larry still holding his stomach. Doctor Larry begins to speak in a strange baby talk.

DOCTOR LARRY​
What seems to be the matter…?​
Doctor Larry looks up at Abraham who catches eye contact.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Well…​
ABRAHAM​
Well what?​
DOCTOR LARRY​
What’s his name?​
ABRAHAM​
Oh! Sorry I was dazing out looking at that nice pen! Where did you get it?​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Oh, to tell you the truth, the wife got it for me last Christmas!​
ABRAHAM​
Wow you use it every day and it never runs out of ink!​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Oh no.​
Doctor Larry pulls the pen out of his white coat and pulls the lid off, then gives it to Abraham.

DOCTOR LARRY​
See, the ink is replaceable!​
ABRAHAM​
Oh yeah! That’s a real nice pen!​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Why thank you!​
ABRAHAM​
Min Ji​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Minky?​
ABRAHAM​
No Min Ji​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Minnie?​
Abraham pronounces it slower.
ABRAHAM​
Min Ji​
DOCTOR LARRY​
I’ll tell you, I’m still not getting it… Could you spell it out for me?​
Doctor Larry pulls a small notebook from his pocket and gives it to Abraham. The doctor looks back down at Min Ji and starts to tickle the sides of Min Ji’s stomach making Min Ji squirm on the table and Doctor Larry laughs.

ABRAHAM​
Umm, Doctor?​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Yes?​
ABRAHAM​
I need to borrow your pen to write his name down!​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Oh yes!​
Doctor Larry stands up, pulls the pen out of his front pocket on his coat, and gives it to Abraham. Abraham looks at Min Ji then writes his name down on the notebook and gives it back to Doctor Larry.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Min Ji! Alright, well then… What is wrong with Min Ji today?​
ABRAHAM​
There seems to be something wrong with his stomach, might have been something he ate.​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Great maybe I should just hand over my stethoscope and let you do everything since you know so much.​
Doctor Larry puts the stethoscope on before any more words can be exchanged and puts the tool up to Min Ji’s chest; Min Ji jumps because of the coldness on his fur.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Sorry buddy!​
Doctor Larry takes the tool and blows on it to make it warm, then puts it in a cup in his hands before putting back down to Min Ji’s chest. Doctor Larry listens for a few seconds.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Hmm…​

A few more seconds pass; Abraham and Min Ji are both watching Doctor Larry very intently.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Interesting…​
Doctor Larry looks Min Ji in the eyes and speaks in his odd baby voice.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Min Ji, can I take a look inside your mouth?​
Doctor Larry turns to his counter and fumbles around with one of the glass jars against the wall. Min Ji shakes his head no as he looks at Abraham until Doctor Larry turns around with a cotton swab on a stick.

ABRAHAM​
It’s ok Min Ji.​
Abraham walks over to Min Ji and starts to rub his head and hold his hand. Doctor Larry moves closer to Min Ji’s face, he talks to Min Ji in a normal voice as he moves his hand toward Min Ji’s mouth. The other hand grabs Min Ji’s bottom Jaw and pulls down.

DOCTOR LARRY​
I’m going to need to hold you’re mouth open as I dab around inside.​
Min Ji snaps his mouth shut, turns his head, and swings his free arm up to hit the cotton swab on a stick in Doctor Larry’s hand to the ground. Doctor Larry brings his hand back fast and then bends down to pick up the cotton swab on a stick. Min Ji slaps his butt as he leans down making Doctor Larry jump up quickly.

DOCTOR LARRY​
I have to take a look if you ever want to feel better Min Ji.​
Min Ji looks at Abraham and shakes his head viciously back and forth as Abraham shakes his head yes. Abraham’s head rubbing stops and his hand tightens to his hair. Min Ji tries to shake his head no but Doctor Larry grabs the bottom of his jaw more tightly and his other hand grabs Min Ji’s other hand. Doctor Larry grabs the stick side of the cotton swab on a stick with his teeth and leans down to Min Ji’s mouth to swab then he leans up a little more and looks inside his mouth.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Wait a second…​
ABRAHAM​
What’s up doc?​
Doctor Larry and Min Ji join Abraham in laughing out loud for a second but then Doctor Larry and Min Ji stop.

ABRAHAM​
You know I always wanted to say that, this time it just slipped out.​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Yeah, you try to be me and have to laugh at that stupid cartoon joke every time.​
ABRAHAM​
Huh?​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Never mind that!​
Doctor Larry turns back to his counter and spits out the stick, Abraham lets go of Min Ji also. Doctor Larry leans down to the bottom cabinet on the counter and stands up turning around with a saw. Min Ji instantly goes stiff and Abraham jumps back leaving Min Ji without someone to comfort him.

ABRAHAM​
Wha!​
Excited Min Ji tries to sit up from the tables, but grabs his stomach in pain and falls back down. Doctor Larry walks towards Min Ji holding the saw in the air. He brings it down slowly onto Min Ji’s stomach, while Min Ji shakes in his suit on the table. Doctor Larry’s face slowly goes from serious to a smile.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Or Min Ji ate a banana peel causing him to have upset stomach.​
Doctor Larry turns back to the counter and puts the saw down on the top of the counter; he pulls out the top drawer and looks around for a second before pulling out some pills in a pill bottle.

ABRAHAM​
How did you figure that out without even doing any tests?​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Easy, Min Ji still has some pieces in his teeth! Can Min Ji take pills?​
Doctor Larry takes one of the pills out and gives it to Abraham. Abraham puts the pill in his mouth and swallows it.

ABRAHAM​
Sure, thanks!​
DOCTOR LARRY​
That was for Min Ji. It was to make Min Ji speed up processing of the bad banana peel.​

Abraham looks at Min Ji who is staring back at Abraham whose glance shoots to Doctor Larry.

ABRAHAM​
Listen, if it was up to me that would have been easier with some water, but I had to work with what I got. I’m sure you have something else for him…​
Min Ji shakes his head at Abraham.

DOCTOR LARRY​
You fool that was a laxative.​
Abraham’s face gets flush.

ABRAHAM​
I think its working!​
Abraham runs out the door screaming.

ABRAHAM​
Where’s the bathroom?​
A door slams shut close to the room where Min Ji is looking at the doctor who is turned around at the counter sorting through the different pills from the bottle.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Seems like I don’t have any more of those laxatives…​
Doctor Larry turns around once more with the saw in his hands.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Looks like we’re going to need to dive in and find it!​
Instantly Min Ji starts to shake and hold his stomach once more on this back on the table.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Got you again! But…​
The Serious look on Doctor Larry’s face turns to a smirk and he puts the saw back on top of the counter. Doctor Larry turns back around holding a needle, squirting a little out to get the air out.

DOCTOR LARRY​
You are going to need a shot.​
Min Ji goes stiff as Doctor Larry grabs hold of Min Ji’s arm and aims the needle.

INT. BATHROOM – DAY

Abraham stands up, flushes the toilet, and pulls up his pants before washing his hands quickly in the sink close by. Abraham opens the door as the door to Min Ji’s room opens up.

INT. HALL – DAY

Abraham joins Doctor Larry with Min Ji’s hand in his hand, Doctor Larry hands Abraham Min Ji’s hand.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Everything should be cleared up by tonight; you should watch his waste for the evening and give him this.​
Doctor Larry gives Abraham a pill bottle.

DOCTOR LARRY​
These are for Min Ji give him two tonight and two tomorrow at breakfast.​
Abraham and Min Ji begin to speed up.

DOCTOR LARRY​
Do you have any questions?​
Abraham and Min Ji job.

ABRAHAM​
Not now doc, we have to get back!​
DOCTOR LARRY​
Okay, see ya! No wait you forgot to check out!​
Abraham and Min Ji run out of the doctor’s office door.