Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Ayn Rand (1 Viewer)

A

ac4891

Yeah i've read her stuff, she has good ideas but i simply don't like the way she writes, its very dragged out and long winded

B

BrandNewCracker

Ayn Rand is a decent writer.. her best book to me is "Anthem".. good plot.. but i've read from many writers.. and im srry to say.. she cant compete.. i love how she discribes things thow.. u can really see it.. its beautiful at times.. but i can can give u an example of a better author.. Alexandre Dumas

modified7

Atlas Shrugged, now that I've finished it, had many things going for it that is necessary in any great book. Strong, defined characters, a very long and twisted plot that at 1100 pages captures, then bores, then captures the reader. Strong descriptions, but as many have pointed out, a little too long winded on pushing her own ideas throughout the story.
I recommend it, as there aren't many like it. Since I bought Fountainhead along with Atlas Shrugged, I intend to read it sometime. I can see where there are strong supporters and critics of her writing, but I also recognize a strong story and Atlas Shrugged is one worth reading........