Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Aspiring Writer (1 Viewer)

Nathan_Milward

Hello,

My name is Nathan Milward. Ever since I was in Elementary School, I've been really into writing, although only now have I settled for it. I am currently working on a high fantasy fiction series named The Forgotten Land of Myria. So far, it's been 6 months since I first started, and I've loved every second of it.
I'd be lying if I said I consider myself a prestigious writer, for I'm only a "freshman" when it comes to writing, but I wish to improve, and get the best out of my creativity. That is why I entered this forum: To perfect my skills through critiques and advice, and to build an "author's platform" (promote my book) so that if I publish it, I'll already have a block of supporters to help make my book known.
When I say these things, don't think of me as ego-centric, no, I mean this in a mutual relationship. I will support whoever supports me, and together we can help raise our standards. I see it as a team effort.

In conclusion, I know I may not have as good a curriculum as most experienced writers do, but hey, give a 16-year-old a chance. ;)

Thank you for your time,

Nathan.

SarahStrange

You have to comment so many times before you can post anything. Or you could subscribe to the magazine thingy. That gives you instant access. That's what I did, since I am an impatient bastard lol. Welcome and happy writing!

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
Hi Nathan,
welcome to WF.

Sadly this neighbourhood has become a prime target for spammers and Trolls and a lot of effort goes into stopping them from wrecking the place. One of the creative ways we do this is by setting a small gate-keeping task. Just ten helpful hints and or crits on the creative boards gets you a key to unlock your own creative power. It also helps you get a feel for who and what is happening.

Like all things in life, you have to give to get.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

SarahStrange

If you look under the tap "Articles" you can find it under Friends of WF. And it's not a magazine thingy haha. I was wrong about that... it was a while ago lol.

Koshka

Whatever label they stick on you, Apprentice writer is wrong. Your prose is clear, vigorous, and direct. You and I are both in "impending mode," where we have to comment/criticize at least ten times before we can post anything (even if it is a haiku!). I would say hang on and do your ten -- it is great fun helping other writers, and analyze the work of others encourages you to turn a cool, analytical work on your own.

Anyway, the writing in your self-description of makes me look forward to the day when you publish pieces of your own work.

/Koshka

Nathan_Milward

Whatever label they stick on you, Apprentice writer is wrong. Your prose is clear, vigorous, and direct. You and I are both in "impending mode," where we have to comment/criticize at least ten times before we can post anything (even if it is a haiku!). I would say hang on and do your ten -- it is great fun helping other writers, and analyze the work of others encourages you to turn a cool, analytical work on your own.

Anyway, the writing in your self-description of makes me look forward to the day when you publish pieces of your own work.

/Koshka

Thank you! I really appreciate it! And yes I agree with what you said. It really is a lot of fun helping others while being helped. haha
Well anyway, I got my ten posts and I got to post the first little excerpt of my work. It's on a link above (in one of my comments), or you can find in the Fantasy/Sci-Fi section. It's entitled "The Forgotten Land of Myria- Prologue". I invite you to go and check it out. It'd mean a lot to me :) And in return you can send me some of your work :)

Kryptex

Welcome Nathan, and sticking to 6 months of writing to produce a piece is a feat in itself - so well done on that :)

Hope you find what you are/were looking for and I hope to see more of your works soon enough. :)