Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

As a starting point, what information do I provide the publishing house with to enable them to get started? E.g niche, word count etc.? (1 Viewer)

Eholic

Hello everyone :)

Being a newbie in the traditional publishing route, I can only take a wild guess as to what information they might require from me.

As a starting point, what information do I provide the publishing house with to enable them to get started? E.g niche, word count etc.?

If you need any clarification please don't hesitate to ask, I will be more than happy to answer 🙃

Thank you in advance!

Ajoy

Hello everyone :)

Being a newbie in the traditional publishing route, I can only take a wild guess as to what information they might require from me.

As a starting point, what information do I provide the publishing house with to enable them to get started? E.g niche, word count etc.?

If you need any clarification please don't hesitate to ask, I will be more than happy to answer 🙃

Thank you in advance!
Same as my other reply - lots of author posts sharing about how to do this, plus some good sites if you Google or YouTube search ‘query letter’

you’ll get great details about what is needed, often with examples.

basically:
Dear agent name. Add personal reason you’ve chosen to contact them if possible.

word count, genre, and comparison titles.

2-3 paragraph blurb hyping your book through the inciting incident (like back covers).

biography paragraph with any writing credentials or points if interest. If none, a sentence or two about who you are.

there are formatting specifics, but you really need to look at specific submission guidelines for each agent/agency