Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

arundhati roy (1 Viewer)

L

L. L. Chandler

there's something wonderful about reading roy, especially in the middle of a writer's block. I read "The God of Small Things" and was somehow able to be very prolific after a dry spell of almost three months. i've been looking for a number of other titles from her.

also, anyone reading stoppard? it's almost better than seeing his work.

Verkleefd

It is a pity that no one seemed to have heard before of Roy, winner of the Booker, and so no one posted a reply to your thread. And it is very difficult to find nowadays selective readers as you, L.L. Chandler. Most people here seem not to be interested in deeper waters, and rarely one finds a threat or a post mentioning something significative at all.
The God of Small Things is a book I read in 2001, and I still like it. The story of Sophie Moll, the Ammu brothers and Estha and Rahel, all living in the Indian Kerala region, is very interesting and effectively told. The Magic realism in this novel only reminds one of Gabriel Garcia Márquez's best stories or even Salman Rushdie. A very worthy read.