Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Around my chair (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ImissyouNettieMoore
  • Start date
I

ImissyouNettieMoore

Whatever may come about in any situation is a mixture of various things that can never be deduced with any sufficient degree of universal believability. The oriental minds have come up with a nice solution if anything else, seeming to be more of a something to the rest of the worlds nothing. But that's neither here nor is it over there.

Having swiped aside eons of philosophy I'm not left sitting with a deep and profound gloom that nothing can be explained to me though; instead I'm sitting here as per usual, but with a fantastically red box of chocolates. Now I must say that if I follow my own compulsion it is usually a savoury snack that will eventually pass into my system, but I'm not exactly going to say no to a piece of chocolate that's floating around (sometimes unattended). But Ice-cream, that's another thing, even if it has been pre-served in any kind of bowl it will be denied. Usually with a flinch, a hand held up in a stop gesture and then a deflation of an awkward moment by apologetic demur.

The chocolate on my desk rests inside its frosted foil wrapping, and bevel-edged shiny box with gold-leaf lettering. It has what is promised to be a "smooth" filling, something between a liquid and a solid I presume. Indeed the little picture on the front which is of a few blocks rendered as if fallen in a random pile has a dissected version of an intact block. Dissected with a knife or by someone with extraordinary teeth. And it reveals what looks like a gooey filling that doesn't spill out but still looks as if liquid. I imagine the surrounding chocolate will implode under pressure and squeeze the filling out the forming gaps, a pleasant if delicate experience.

MILK is declared solemnly with an explanation just underneath in letters that require scrutiny: Swiss Milk Chocolate. The chocolate is of a Swiss Milk kind. Probably from or inspired by, Switzerland.

Last edited by a moderator: