Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

AP Dilemma (1 Viewer)

KarmaVictim

I signed up for AP English next year and over the summer one of my assignments is to read a contemporary novel (withing the last 15 years) and be able to justify its literary merit. No non-fiction. I'd appreciate any help I could get finding a good novel.

mandax

I recently enjoyed the book "Prep", which just came out very recently, I believe. You'll have to check on that. And you might want to look up when "Wicked" was written, because that was a very good book, too, if you would be interested in the Wicked Witch of the West's story.

KarmaVictim

Bump. Come on, people. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I can't get my hands on a copy of Prep or Wicked. School starts in a couple of weeks, so I really need every suggestion you can throw at me.

mandax

Advanced Placement

How can you not get a copy of Wicked or Prep? They're both either best sellers or recommended reading.

KarmaVictim

I couldn't find them in Barnes and Noble. Well, I couldn't find Prep. Wicked is extremely poplular and I don't want to do the same thing as someone else.

mandax

Did you see that link? If you clicked it, disregard it. It was wrong. I'll try to think of other books.

Last edited:

mandax

The Perks of Being a Wallflower? I don't know how literary it is, but whatever. It's fiction.

Users who are viewing this thread