Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Anyone read Carrie? (1 Viewer)

Ben

Greetings!
For this semester in English, i chose the book Carrie by Stephen King to study and do a journal on. I now have to choose another book to connect with it. So, i was wondering if anyone could suggest a book i could pair Carrie with, that has similar themes or plot. I think one of the themes i'd focus on would be isolation, but any others would be fine too.

Okie dokie, thanks!

--Besh

Penelope

yeah, I've read Carrie - not one of his best in my opinion. There should be lots of books that focus on the isolation factor of teens but not one comes to mind right at the moment. If I think of one, I'll let you know. It might be interesting to pair it up with something from an earlier date/time by a notable author.