Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Any suggestions?? (1 Viewer)

A

AlysiaJ

I haven't read a good book in quite a while... Anyone have any recommendations?
I like most genres. Some of my recent (and not so recent) favorites are The Road by Cormac McCarthy, most Nicholas Evans books, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, [SIZE=-1]The Kite Runner by [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Khaled Hosseini... I can't wait to read his new one, A Thousand Splendid Suns....
[/SIZE]

ruksak

Try either of the following:
The Wind Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami - a superb, incredibly original story and mystery - very surreal and very pertinent.

White Noise by Don De Lillo - cracking prose - a gem on every page and believable, interesting characters.

I could go on and on, but these are the last two books which I read and thoroughly enjoyed.

S

Split

Not sure if far fetched fiction lights your fire, but here's a few worth a look.
Robert Rankin never fails to tickle. His latest is called "The da da de da da code."
An American, Christopher Moore, has been lately touted as the new Vonnegut. I loved his "You suck" and "The lust lizard of melancholy cove."
Anything by Tom Holt is usually a hoot. His "Flying Dutch" is a scream.
Blowing my own trumpet, influenced by the likes of Douglas Adams and the above mentioned Wizards of Odd, you could try "Three agendas and one slim hope."