Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Any Elizabeth Wurtzel fans? (1 Viewer)

F

FlipsidE

I've read "Prozac Nation" and am now moving on to "More, Now, Again." I must say that I absolutely LOVE her writing style. The great metaphors and amount of detail she uses makes me feel as if I know the thing or person almost as well as she does. I can't wait to get further into "More, Now, Again."

"Prozac Nation" was very meaningful to me, though, as I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Truly amazing how much Anxiety and Depression have in common. I related, so much, to what she had to say.

FlipsidE

sebastian

i found Prozac Nation quite annoying - the style was ok but she seemed so whiny! i read Bitch also and i didnt quite understand why - if in prozac nation her esteem is so low and she is so disenchanted about the way she is (and i am under the impression that it is an autobiography) why does she pose half naked on the cover of her books? or i totally missed the point and at the end of PN she got better and became a fully functioning, clothes shedding, normal memeber of society?