Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Any Dark Humor Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis is the best piece of dark humour i've ever read. Some parts were so dark they actually made me feel sick, but the humour made it worthwhile to read.

strangedaze

prawntoast said:
American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis is the best piece of dark humour i've ever read. Some parts were so dark they actually made me feel sick, but the humour made it worthwhile to read.

good call. anything by BEE is going to have that unsettling laugh out loudness to it.

if you like cartoons, edward gorey's gashleycrumb tinies is amusing.

barbara gowdy's short story collection 'we so seldom look on love' is kind of darkly funny.

fight club? slaughterhouse five? candide? catch-22? or darker?

satan burger is a dark one, by carlton mellick III.

oh, and the phineas poe trilogy by will christopher baer would count. and the contortionists handbook by craig clevenger.

does trainspotting count? what about one flew over the cuckoos nest?

a clockwork orange?

not sure if id classify them as 'dark' humor - definitely dirty - but DBC Pierres books, vernon god little and ludmilas broken english are riotous.

man, my prozac must not be working, because im all over the ma'fuckin' place.

Last edited: