Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Another Sunrise (1 Viewer)

ClosetWriter

WF Veteran
WF Veterans
Some of you know me as ClosetWriter, but my real name is Dave Rider. The last seven years of my life have been consumed by cancer. My father's terminal cancer was the start of this emotional journey. We lost him December of 2009. My wife's only sister died from cancer in 2010; the same time that I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer. When I was told that my cancer was incurable, I became very distraught. The inability to have dreams about your future does that to you. However, I found a reason to live life with a passion.

I am not afraid to die, but the thing that does frighten me is leaving my wife very little means to take care of herself. While contemplating what I could do to help her through difficult times ahead, I decided it was time to do more than contemplate writing a book.

This is my hope. This is my journey. This is my story. Please consider reading it as it is available as a self-published eBook on Amazon. Of course I would have loved to have had it printed, but I don't know that I have time to endure that process.

I know that each and every one of us writing forum fans and members would love to have a successful book. It would definitley make me smile to know that I have inspired people. But even more so, I want to see my wife smile. If you are not interested in reading my book, I understand, but could you please share my link with as many people as you can? I'll put in a good word for you. ;)

Thanks,

Dave Rider (ClosetWriter)

book cover.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HNJ4JIU/?tag=writingforu06-20

Last edited:

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Just bought this, Dave. I am way behind in my reading, but I look forward to starting this one, thanks! :)