Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Another n00b unto the fold! (1 Viewer)

>KârK<

Hi all. I found this site last night while looking for... well, a writing forum. Great setup you've got here. I really look forward to seeing everything you've all got to offer, and hope to add a few contributions of my own. So good to see that there are so many like-minded individuals out there! I'll loiter around the forums for a while until I get used to how it all works. Cheers for now!

Welcome, I have only been here a week, or so, but I have enjoyed the place. I have posted some stuff. I have been going through, that dreaded writers block, for a couple months.

A friend of mine told me to join a forum one that would be brutal, when needed to be. I made a mistake the first time I posted, I posted four chapters of a novel I am working on…Boy did they get flustered….LOL…well I wont do that again.

No one has really read it or looked at it... I am sure because of the size of it 9,000 words. I may repost it in smaller increments if I can….

Anyway I just wanted to say hello, and give you that advice.

Ray

>KârK<

Funny, I haven't been getting email notifications of all these greets. (Yes, I have the option set to do so!) Anyway, thanks all for your welcomes and advice. I intend to start by posting shorter stuff so as not to "fluster" anyone, as you said, RRP! :D

Any pointers as to where to start? It's all a bit daunting ATM. Most of my work is contemporary-ish poetry, and I have recently been challenging myself to do short stories. Is there any kind of "genre" system, i.e. Romance, Fantasy, Sci-Fi etc?