Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Another Funking Intro (1 Viewer)

L

Leigh Doughty

Bonjourno everyone

This is being written from Lincoln, England. My name’s Leigh Doughty, and I’m a writer

Writing is one of my main passions in life. Reasons for this are unknown. But ever since I was 17 I felt compelled to read and express my thoughts. Whether I did the latter verbally or by writing wouldn’t matter, just as long as I was expressing how I felt.

I’ve been writing on and off for the last 4 years now. I attempted to write a novel at 17 but that never manifested. In truth I was overwhelmed at the prospect at having to write so much. Another problem was I couldn’t describe action efficiently and beautifully. So I quit.

Though over the years I would always write down my thoughts and quick little poems.

Now I’ve decided to take it up a notch once again and push for something a little more stimulating.

My favourite writers are: Vladimir Nabokov, Neale Donald Walsch and Danny Wallace. And my all time favourite novel has to be Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom.

That’s all for now. All the best, Leigh.

Last edited by a moderator: