Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

And So I Signed Up... (1 Viewer)

Tiamat

Patron
If I could figure out how to add any of you to my writing buddies list, I would do it. But I haven't figured it out yet. So, for anyone smarter than me who would like to add me, I'm Tiamat10 on there too.

I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone this year and attempting to write chick lit. If nothing else, I'll be doing a lot of laughing (at myself) next month!

ChicagoHeart

And now I've signed up as well. I am unemployed at the moment so there is no excuse for not putting the words down on an idea i've been carrying around in my head for months...Maybe what I need is a deadline!

moderan

WF Veterans
Yeah, nano's closed the add buddies thing. Look for a wf wing in the forums in the next few days. We can find each other there.

Zootalaws

So I finally dug up the courage (don't know how I did it) to sign up and get me on the writing track. I signed-up for NaNo this year and hopefully, I get a novel first draft finished. Don't know how I'll do that, seeing school will just get busier, but I think I could pull this off. *shrug*

I've never successfully won NaNo, but I find that the experience gives me enough drive to keep plugging away even after November's over. I say have at it, and good luck, Fuhrer!

What is NaNo? When I googled it I just got a bunch of science stuff.

Zootalaws

Wow! That's pretty cool. Thanks.

Hmmm... perhaps it is a bit early for me... a whole novel in a month when I only wrote my first short story a week ago... hmmmm.... I am nothing if not up for a challenge!

I saw 'National' and thought it was US-centric, and my country isn't on there, but I guess I can affiliate myself with either Malaysia, NZ or the UK. :)

moderan

WF Veterans
Or you can petition the people that run nano and get your country added. They've been pretty responsive to reasonable requests in the past.

moderan

WF Veterans
Now you just need to work on the "having written one short story, I'll now do a novel" part. Maybe it would help to think of the novel as 30 short stories. I dunno.

Zootalaws

Now you just need to work on the "having written one short story, I'll now do a novel" part. Maybe it would help to think of the novel as 30 short stories. I dunno.

Or I'll just write a story of 50,000 words.

The volume of work doesn't make me baulk, I have written larger volumes in about the same amount of time, with much more critical formatting and layout. This fiction stuff is a piece of piss :) (ahem... also known as whistling past the graveyard...)

Yeah. I'm thinking about doing that very thing. I love themed collections.

I too am a big fan of this sort of thing - writers like Bradbury especially.

elite

Just signed up!

My username is elite5472 (a very, very mean person already took elite).

Let's all give our best :D

moderan

WF Veterans
... why can't you delete a post?

That function hasn't been enabled. It probably won't be. There are too many bad scenarios associated with that action. I tend to leave a trail of asterisks instead, in lieu of what was originally presented.
Or I'll just write a story of 50,000 words.

The volume of work doesn't make me baulk, I have written larger volumes in about the same amount of time, with much more critical formatting and layout. This fiction stuff is a piece of piss :) (ahem... also known as whistling past the graveyard...)

I too am a big fan of this sort of thing - writers like Bradbury especially.

It really is. There isn't much to writing 50,000 words of anything. I'm doing it this year cuz I'd be writing anyway, and to be cheerleader for those who are newer to the game. In 2009, I did 235,000 words before the end of the month. It was easy. That the stuff was basically garbage doesn't matter-everyone has bad writing they need to get out of their system, no matter what the experience level. I set myself a challenge with the character and setting and passed that challenge with flying colors.
Funny you should invoke Bradbury. My thing this year is set on Mars. I may have to invent some crystal towers to shoot the tops off of.
Just signed up!

My username is elite5472 (a very, very mean person already took elite).

Let's all give our best
icon_biggrin.gif

Don't forget to stop by WF Wrimos and check in. That'll make you easier to find when the friending app is turned back on.

Tiamat

Patron
Well it's officially been November 1st here for about a half hour. I've spent the last two hours or so screwing with the ideas in my outline. I'll get started in the morning. (Kind of a shame that I can't count the 2000-some words I wrote in my (overly) detailed outline towards my Nano word count :p)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I'm Fox_in_socks on the nano site if anyone wants to add me as a buddy.

Good luck to everyone! I'm going to be trying to beat the heck out of my daily word goal when I can because November is going to be a horrible month to try to do this (interruptions galore). I managed the word goal last year tho' the resulting 'novel' will never be seen by human eyes.

Looking forward to seeing lots of NaNo blood, sweat, and tears. Write, write, write!