Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

And a child shall lead them (1 Viewer)

BostonsOwn

O, you’ll feel your heart drop
When you hear them on the blacktop
Heigh heels
Big boots
Bare feet or sandals

Before long, you’ll hear them chant:

We can’t be wrong
We can’t be questioned
Stop asking questions
We are not wrong

And you will know better
But won’t do a damn thing
You’ll go along
You’ll go along
You’ll get along
You’ll lose everything

They can’t be wrong
Because you’ll never get right

2020Syd2020

Hello,

This is definitely an interesting piece, which can be read in a couple of different ways. I like that the writer’s intent seems to be pretty evident but is oblique enough to merit a few reads and a few different interpretations of the piece.

If I’m making a criticism of the piece I don’t think you need the repetition of “you’ll go along,” and I think the phrasing of the final couplet is a little awkward. I get what the speaker is saying but it doesn’t feel as potent as it could be.

Cheers

Syd

ritudimrinautiyal

O, you’ll feel your heart drop
When you hear them on the blacktop
Heigh heels
Big boots
Bare feet or sandals

Before long, you’ll hear them chant:

We can’t be wrong
We can’t be questioned
Stop asking questions
We are not wrong

And you will know better
But won’t do a damn thing
You’ll go along
You’ll go along
You’ll get along
You’ll lose everything

They can’t be wrong
Because you’ll never get right

Hi Boston's Own

True. When we are blinded enough, we are sheep like that, controlled by our only perspective. They can't be wrong, because you will never get right. Well written. Keep writing.

Good luck
Ritu