Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

An incurable dreamer (1 Viewer)

Lawless

Hi everybody. I guess it's about time to introduce myself.

I come from the eastern part of the European Union. I have worked as a translator for many years. Most of my published translations are erotic short stories and articles on sex. Can't mention those in my CV. ;-) But I have also translated several perfectly decent books as well as written two non-fiction books and co-authored a couple.

As far as I can remember, I haven't had any works of fiction published, except on my own website for free.

I have completed one novel-sized work of fiction, though. It's a parody of a communist schoolbook. I knew all along it would be unpublishable, but it wouldn't leave me alone until I had put it on, um, hard disk.

I have more than 30 novel ideas, almost all of them science fiction, one of which is like 4/5 complete. However, I've put it on hold because of my current project. That's a fanfic I've been posting on the Internet chapter by chapter. There are two more chapters to write and upload, and then it's finished.

I'm not going to try to publish a book in the English-speaking world anytime soon. So I'm here merely in the hope of finding interesting discussions.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Welcome! I see you have already made quite and impact on the discussion forum.

Working as a translator must really give you a good foundation in writing theory.

Just curious, why would you not want to publish a book in the English-speaking world anytime soon? Is it something you would consider some time in the future?

Lawless

why would you not want to publish a book in the English-speaking world anytime soon?

Because I would have to get a book published in my native language first, and then have it translated into English, and that's bound to take time.