Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Aloha (1 Viewer)

S

Snake Driver

I'm still not sure why I joined this forum ... a revelation about which none of you probably give a happy crap. But here I am so I shall take this opportunity to bore you with a bit of my backgorund.

Originally from Chicagoland, I joined the Army at an early age, became a paratrooper and a pilot, went to Vietnam twice, and married three times (The last one is a keeper).

I still fly for a living and write for fun with the dim, perhaps futile hope that someone, somewhere, someday will be sufficiently entertained to want to publish an adventure novel I am writing entitled, "Yellow Dog Blues."

Set in South Louisiana not far from New Orleans, the story is about a couple of Army buddies, a blues musician, a preacher, and other colorful, wacky characters fighting, stealing, and screwing.

In fact, if anyone here is remotely interested in reading an excerpt, I would be delighted to have your feedback.

Peace.

let me read

Im definitely interested in an excerpt. I love to read no matter what it is. If you ever want to return the favor just let me know. I got a good start to a full length novel at the moment.

Pride