Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Aloha! (1 Viewer)

Mike63031

I'm Mike and I'm not Hawaiian. I don't even play one on television. I lived there for a few years and loved the bejesus out of the place. Especially this time of year.

Me: chronologicaly mature gentleman with no believable writing credentials. Took up the art in 2009 to report on issues during an employment layoff. Sister (a past editor at Reuters) encouraged me. Computer and internet literate; have joined numerous forums, covering as many topics, over the years, but still make faux pas in my rush to prove my point(s). Not a people person.

You: smart, funny, love dancing, can scratch up a meal from just about any kitchen in the country, and like long walks on the beach.

Oops, wrong forum. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope I'm glad to be here and that you, eventually, will feel the same way.

dolphinlee

Welcome Mike,

I think that you will quickly come to love this place. There is a whole range of writers here from the published to the struggling with chapter 1. Whenever I have posted a piece of work I have received gentle help from the members. There are so many wonderful people on the site who are willing to give generously of their time and help. I have have been exposed to a wide range of ideas since I joined most of which I would never have come across if it hadn't been for the site.

Have fun

Mike63031

Thanks for the welcomes and greetings.

I'm not sure about being referred to as "Ink Blot, but is sure beats "newbie". :p

Ariel

WF Veterans
I spent ten days in Hawaii about five years ago and loved it. Maybe someday I'll live there.

Anyway, welcome and hope you have fun.