Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Aleister Crowley (Has anyone read his work?) (1 Viewer)

Rage2Fury

Has anybody heard of Aleister Crowley.
I was wondering, fore I have several of his books.
He dabbled in Black Magic, and wrote many books of them, and on other subjects.
See Book Of Lies or Liber Aleph.
I am just hoping that sombody still alive has heard of him. :wink:

scryer

:twisted: Aleister Crowley did more than just dabble....started his work in the Golden Dawn. I am by no means a practicioner of the craft, but I am interested in anything having to do with it. I research everything! Alister Crowley was a subject of my investigations last year....still more to know. His excursions into Egypt were probably the high point of his career

:D

scryer

Sorry if I upset you, I didn't mean to imply you didn't know anything about him or that you thought he only dabbled, I was making conversation. Obviously you know you have his books, the devil emoticon was for him, you know the beast....sorry, I must have come off the wrong way. :oops: :lol: I am new to this forum stuff, I guess I have to remember things are different when you are not face to face, and the emoticon are not as easily understood as real expressions and body language. Don't take offense, because truly none was meant.
lol

A

Annie Insight

Wow...hey Rage? You're never gonna believe this. The guy I'm seeing now? He's a descendant of Crowley himself. His great grandmother was a Crowley before she married! My boyfriend has most of his stuff...including a CD with rituals performed by him with his voice only. Cool!

I'm Wiccan, but I tend to go for the floofy stuff...like faeries and butterflies and bubbles. My boyfriend is more or less a "grey" Wiccan.

You shoulda seen me when I read your post. I was like, woah...I gotta say somethin'! *grin*

Users who are viewing this thread